Separation Anxiety

Is your baby shows any separation anxiety when she/he was 12 to 18 months? I could not recall my eldest daughter had separation anxiety during that age. I think it was because I was working at home and I had never left her to work.

In many ways, attitudes about babies and separations are cultural. Western countries tend to stress autonomy from a very early age. But in many other cultures, infants are rarely separated from their mother in the first year of life. Even until now, both of my daughters are still sleeping in the same room with me. I was also remember that me and my brother sleeping together in my parents room until I was 9.

Regardless of the origins of this normal developmental stage, it's frustrating for both babies and parents. The good news is that separation anxiety will eventually pass and there are ways to make it more manageable. In the meantime, enjoy the sweetness of knowing that to your child, you're number one.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4