Benjamin Button

I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button the other night. I did not read any preview or watched the trailer before that, so I was very surprised when finally I found out what is this about. The story line is definitely riveting, but I found it very sad. I cried a lot when I watched it. I don’t know what is wrong with me, but I found myself easily to cry after I have children. Before that, it was not easy for me to cry just because watching a movie.

This movie is a tragic love story between Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt) and Julia (Cate Blanchett). Benjamin gets his last name from his button-manufacturing father (Jason Flemyng) who, horrified by the sight of his bizarre baby, abandons him on the steps of a New Orleans old-age home, where he is raised by the loving black employee Queenie (Taraji P. Henson). He may only be a toddler, but he feels right at home among the old folks, being a balding child who wears glasses and is confined to a wheelchair.

Benjamin met Julia, when she was just a child. But as he grew younger and Julia grew older, only for one magical moment will these lovers share the same age. This is the reason why I called it tragic, because it was only a short moment. In the end he died as a baby in Cate arms.

 

1 comments:

The Mother said...

That sad thing is the reason I haven't seen it. I can't imagine anything worse than aging backwards, unless it's aging prematurely.

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4