Injection of Fluid

I wrote in my previous post that my SIL diagnosed with oligohydramnios. Oligohydramnios is a condition in pregnancy characterised by a deficiency of amniotic fluid.

She went to see 3 doctors and all of them have same diagnosis. All of them said that there is nothing they can do about it. However yesterday she went to see different gynea, and today My mom just called me and said that this gynea aked my SIL to immediately admit to the hospital so he can monitor her pregnancy. Her amniotic water inside her worm is getting less, so he will try to inject her additional water. I don’t know whether this process is dangerous or not. I tried to search for it in the internet, but so far I could not find any information about it.

I only found out that some have advocated the injection of fluid before delivery via amniocentesis to improve the intrauterine environment for the fetus prior to labor. The duration of the effect is unknown. Oligohydramnios is usually observed to return within 1 week. Amnioinfusion via amniocentesis has been used in the second trimester to better visualize the fetal anatomy and confirm diagnosis

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4