Avocado

I always like to drink avocado juice since I was small. Mixed with sugar or condensed milk, coffee or chocolate and blend it together. Hmmmmm yummy!!! I can even eat it with sugar just like that. One of my uncle’s houses has an avocado tree in the front yard. Thus, I always had a lot supply of avocado for free.


I don’t know why in Malaysia there is very low supply of avocado. All the avocado I found in the supermarket is imported one and the price is very expensive. No wonder a lot of people here don’t know how to eat avocado. Sometimes when I bought avocado, there is people asking me what I am going to do with it. Eat them of course! They missed out a lot of they never try avocado.

Not only tasty, avocado have a lot of benefits too:
1. Avocado has been used traditionally to help people with sexual problems.

2. Great antioxidant and can be used for skin disorders

3. Avocado will aid healing for people suffering from digestive and circulatory problems

4. Another benefit of avocado for the skin where avocado paste can be applied to rashes and rough skin to make it smoother.

5. The brighter the fruit, the more beta-carotene (the substance that helps to prevent cancer) your avocado contains.

and .... (hold your breath!)

Good for weight control!!

Its monounsaturated fat speeds up the basal metabolic rate, as compared with saturated fat.
Its high fat content gives a quicker feeling of satiation ("fullness"), thus helping to reduce overeating.
Its high fat content makes an overall sound diet more palatable, reducing the temptation to binge on foods high in sugars or saturated fats.
Its rich supply of vitamins and minerals also makes the diet more wholesome and satisfying and thus more conducive to overall health and to moderation in consumption.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4