Honeymoon in Greece?

Since small, I always want to go to Greece, especially Athena. I even make a list of which attraction there that I want to visit.

Somehow I totally forgot about Greece when I had discussion with my husband where we want to go for our belated honeymoon. Until the other day when I saw a preview of the MammaMia the movie (the one that starring by Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan), I remember again about my fascination of Greece.

Now, what to see in Greece?

All information about Greece said that no one's trip to Greece can be complete without a visit to its supreme symbol, the outcropping of rock called the Acropolis, crowned with Athena's sacred temple, the Parthenon. My friend told me that It looks great all day, but if possible you have visit in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the crowds.

Another must to see is National Archaeological Museum. This extensive collection is housed in the heart of Athens. While even a brief visit is dazzling, the true museum junkie should allow 2-3 hours. Even then, you're speeding through millenia of Greek culture, starting with the Cycladic Island civilization and the Minoans and Myceneans, and stretching up toward the present.

A great afternoon trip from Athens, Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon are tourist’s favorites. It's a favorite sunset-viewing spot for everyone, and will give you a classically Greek moment against the ruined monument along with a terrific sea view.

Athens is one of the safest capital cities in the entire world. While common sense is your best defense anywhere, statistically, you're far safer on the streets of Athens at night than in London, Paris, or Tokyo. So I plan to get out there and enjoy the Athens streets.

Now to call the tour agency and asking about the Package Holiday Greece.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4