How to Stand An Egg?

My Mom called me yesterday: Today is Bachang day, have you tried to stand eggs yet?

Bachang are glutinous rice dumplings that are made every year during the fifth day of the fifth month of the lunar calendar, to celebrate Duan Wu Jie. Duan Wu Jie is a day to commemorate the honorable Qu Yuan, a loyal minister of the State of Chu who committed suicide after he was exiled by the King. Every year on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar calendar, the Chinese held dragon boat festivals and make dumplings to remember the honorable Qu Yuan.

Anyway, during that day, my mom always tried to stand eggs on end as many as she can. She said it’s easier to stand an egg during that day.

Yesterday is Bachang day, so after hang up the phone with my Mom, I tried to stand an egg. True enough within seconds I could stand it.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4