Sleeping is Good

My newborn baby always sleep. She only woke up when she is hungry. After fully fed, she will fall to sleep again. It's different story with my older daughter. When she was a baby, she was very fussy. Very difficult to sleep. She would be pretending (probably it's just my imagination) to sleep. Once I put her to the cot, she would be screaming again. Those days, I had not enough to sleep.

My mom always used to say that baby who is always sleeping later on they will be smart. It's because when they sleep, their brain have time to grow and develop. I am not sure whether this is true or not.

At this moment, I am co sleeping with my baby. For me it's easier. Also from the latest research it seems that this is the safest way for baby to sleep. There has been a lot of media lately claiming that sleeping with your baby in an adult bed is unsafe and can result in accidental smothering of an infant. However, if we compare it with SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) as a whole then the number of accidental deaths in an adult bed is only 1.5% of the total cases of SIDS.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4