Learn to Read and Write

Yesterday, I got the progress report card and the result of her exams of my older daughter. She is going to be 4 this coming October. She started attending pre-kindergarden since this January and that was already considering late. Most children started as young as 2 or 3 years.

Actually I started teaching her to recognize alphabet since she was 2 years old using jigsaw puzzle. Within 3 months she already knew A to Z. She learned very fast because for her it was like playing. However, I only taught her uppercase letters, and now in her kindy, they are teaching her lowercase letters. It made her quite confused.

When I taught her to write, she refused. She just didn’t want to write. I did not force her, because I did not want her to be afraid. Then later on when she started kindy and on the second day the teacher asked her to write, she started to cry. Luckily, I managed to persuade her to write.

Sometimes it amazed me that children this age already have to go through homework and exams. I remember last time I started attending kindergarden when I was 5 years old, and most of the time we were only playing. No writing, no spelling, no homework and no exam. I only learn how to write when I was 6 years.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4