Funny Experience

Have you ever gone shopping for 8 hours non-stop? Probably you have. But how about if I told you that I spent 8 hours shopping in Wal-Mart? Crazy, I know!

It was in 1995 and it was my first year in US. Me and my roommate went to Wal-Mart right after lunch by bus. It took us such a long time because we didn’t bring our shopping list with us and we browsed every alley to make sure that we didn’t forget anything.

When we went out from our house, it was sunny and hot, so we were just wearing shorts and t-shirts. However, when we got out of Wal-Mart, 8 hours later, not only was it almost dark outside, but it was also snowing. To our horror, we also realized that the last bus for the day was due any time at the bus stop. We quickly walked as fast as possible to the bus stop, but our grocery bags were so heavy and our fingers were freezing. Thus we could not walk as fast as we wanted to be. By the time we arrived at the bus stop, our last bus had already gone off. We screamed and yelled but they could not hear us.

We went back to Wal-Mart and discussed our situation. We decided to call a taxi. We looked at the yellow pages and found that there were 3 taxi companies. The first company that we called said that all their taxis are full, so we tried the second company and we have got the same answer. When I called the last company and got the same answer, I notice that the voice of the operator sounded similar, so I asked. It turned out that all three taxi companies were actually the same company and they only have 3 taxis in total! No wonder I could not get any taxi service.

In the end, we called our friend and asked him to pick us up.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4