My 4-Months Old Baby Fell From Bed!

My 4-months old baby fell down from my bed. Yes, my baby was sleeping with me and I just left her to go to bathroom to pee, then I heard a thump followed by a loud cry. I quickly got out from the toilet and I saw my baby on the floor facing down. Luckily, there was a blanket on the floor so she had a bit of cushion when she fell. However, when I saw her on the floor, my heart almost leapt into my mouth and I quickly scooped her up and hugged her to calm her down.

I made a quick inspected her to check if she suffered any injury. The first thing I checked was her head. Gently, I pressed all parts of her head, looking for any depression, soft spot or swelling, I then checked her face. I saw a red mark on her left cheek that later turn slightly bluish. I also checked whether her pupils were even and whether her pupils followed my finger when I moved it. I also moved her limbs to see if there were any broken bones (she laughed when I moved her limbs). Except for the red bruise on her cheek everything seemed OK. Thank God!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so scary! I'm glad she's ok. My son (the older one) fell off the couch at about 5 months...that's when we realized he could finally roll over!

Reanaclaire said...

wow.. thank God..
better put something at the sides... at her age now, she can roll over anytime...

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4