She Likes To Sit Up

My younger daughter loves it when I sit her up. I put several pillows on her sides to prevent her from tumbling down. I gave her the opportunity to sit up in different places around the house, since I read that sitting helps develop and maintain balance, which is a key part of physical development. What's more, the new perspective helps your baby's cognitive development. After knowing the fun of sitting down, she gets irritated when I put her down on her bed.

I read that babies learn to sit independently between the ages of 4 and 7 months, about the same time they master rolling over and holding their heads up. About 90 percent of babies can sit well for several minutes without support by the time they're 8 months old. Once their back and neck muscles are strong enough to hold them upright and they have figured out where to put his legs so they won't topple over, it's just a matter of time until they move on to crawling, standing, and walking.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4