Playing Make Up

My mother in law asked me to put Hazeline Snow’s facial cream on my eldest daughter face. She said that the cream will make her skin whiter or fairer. I told her that she is too young to put any cosmetic or cream on her face. However, she (my MIL) secretly applies the cream behind my back.

My eldest daughter is now almost 4 years old, and she loves to watch me or my MIL putting on make up. Sometimes she also asked me to put lipstick on her lips or put nail varnish on her fingernails.

I can understand her interest in cosmetics, as I was a little girl too once upon a time. However, there are things to watch out for when you want to play make up with your little daughter.

1. Makeup in powder form is easily inhaled into children lungs, and can damage them. Instead use cream-based blushers or eye shadow.
2. Dibutyl phthalate and toluene are common nail polish ingredients linked to cancer, hormone disruption, and allergies.
3. Fragrances which are used in cosmetics are common allergens, and they usually contain phthalates.
4. Some lipsticks can contain lead which might cause cancer. Little children tend to eat almost anything which they put on their lips, so it's best to avoid putting on normal lipstick altogether. Use a tasty, shiny, beeswax-based lip balm instead.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4