Wheel Of Time

During my first pregnancy, I read a book called “The Wheel Of Time” by Robert Jordan. The book is a sword and magic fantasy series with a total of 12 books in the series. At the time my husband bought the series, the author had only published the 10th book in the series. My husband bought the books, because he read a review about it which ranked it as an excellent fantasy series. Since then, the 11th book in the series has been published but we have yet had the time to purchase the book to read.

I had actually forgotten to ask my husband to purchase the 11th book in the series until yesterday, as I came across someone’s blog who mentioned about the death of a certain author. The name of the author sounded very familiar to me, and after a few minutes of trying to remember where I had heard of the author, it dawned on me that the author mentioned is the author of the “The Wheel Of Time” series.

On the 23rd of March 2006, Jordan disclosed that he had been diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis, and that with proper medical treatment, his life expectancy was four years, although he said that he intended to beat the statistics. He later posted a statement on his Dragonmount blog to encourage his fans not to worry about him and that he intended to have a long and fully creative life, working for another 30 years. Sadly he died on the 16th of September 2007, subsequently on the 7th of December 2007, the publisher of the fantasy series, “Tor Books” announced that Brandon Sanderson had been chosen to write the final installment of the Wheel of Time series. Jordan's widow chose him to write the final book after reading his Mistborn series. Well, when the final book hits the bookstore, I have to re-read the whole series again as I have almost forgotten the whole story before I read the final book.

 

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4