What First Time Moms Did Not Know

According to a new study, many new mothers wish they had learned not only about what to expect from childbirth, but from life with their first baby as well.

I totally agree with this. When the first time I got my baby, I got a shock. I know that having a baby is very troublesome and I hear that a lot of new mommies complain about the constant lack of sleep, depression, and etc, but hearing and experiencing it yourself is totally different.

I am a typical career woman that didn’t really think of having children until later on. I got married at 30 and only got pregnant 3 years later. To make matters even worse, I don’t like children, and always avoid small children if I saw one. I could not even carry a baby properly. I tried to carry a baby once and that one time, I almost dropped the baby.

So can you imagine how scared I was when I had to carry my own baby. She was so small and so fragile and when I carried her I was so afraid that I would drop her. To make matters worse, she followed a different time zone. She preferred to sleep during the day, and did not want to sleep at night. People always said that you have to sleep while your baby is sleeping, but the problem is when my baby is sleeping, I could not sleep, and by the time I was about to fall asleep, it’s time for her feeding again.

I always thought that babies are supposed to sleep most of the time, but in reality it is different. I felt like I was a slave. I had lost control of my life. I could not even sleep when I wanted to sleep. I could not do whatever I want to do. How I envied my husband. He could always run away to his office.

So yes, I wish that the prenatal class that I was attending also told us about what to expect from life with a baby as well.

If you are reading this and you are pregnant with your first child, be prepared!

 

7 comments:

Cute Kat Princez said...

lol..good one....m nt pregnent but still thnx for the heads up...lmao...

gud luck n gbu n ur family :)

Amel said...

Hey, THANKS for the advice! A friend of mine has been sharing her experience as a first-time mother, so I've learnt a lot from her, too. We're currently trying to have a baby. Hopefully I can get pregnant sometime this year or next year. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah! They have a mind of their own! And there's one high-maintenance one in each family. It's best not to have that one first. :D

ParentingPink said...

Oh, I couldn't agree more. I had my first one at 31 and I wasn't really prepared. But, really, are we ever? It's a good warning to new moms!

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, Lauri , i got 2 from sponsored reviews.. i dont hv any chance in PPP.. oh, about the disney, i need your help, Lauri.. no matter how i copy and paste, the html ended up like this in my blog.. now i worry they might not approve my blog.. haha.. i couldnt get it right.. so disappointing..
about the sports vid, they gave me 3 altogether, but when i wanted to do the remaining 2, my blog category is not there... though i m given reservations by the advertiser, SS stopped me from taking... have u ever experienced that?

Anonymous said...

so true! i can vividly remember those times when I cry because my first baby was crying...

jellybelly said...

i'll be giving birth in december. been hearing a lot myself from friends about sleepless nights etc. i guess you'll never know how to cope until you're actually experiencing it. hope getting some sleep now :D

 
ss_blog_claim=77b8f4b51a35473d2243bfefcae83dc4